Web Developer / Technical Architect with Microsoft Certified Technolgy Specialist (MCTS) and Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) status and 8 years experience with large web applications using .NET, SQL Server and WCF in Three Tier Architectures.
Exposure to full project life cycle and configuration management, UML design, Unit Testing and release management
- C#(6 Years), VB.NET(2 Years)
- XML Web Services(5 Years) and WCF (1 year)
- SQL Server (7 Years) 2000 / 2005 / 2008
- Agile and SCRUM Methodologies
- Dependancy Injection / IoC Containers – Ninject, StructureMap
- Object Mocking – Moq
- Jenkins Continuous Integration and MSBuild
- Full project life cycle: configuration and change management
- Web Server Installation and Administration, IIS, DNS, SQL Server, MySQL, PHP, Helm, WebsitePanel
- Visual Studio 2005 / 2008 / 2010
- UML Design using Enterprise Architect
- NUnit, WatIn, PartCover for Unit Testing and Code Coverage.
- iPhone development (Objective C, XCode)
Senior Developer¬†¬†¬ Nov 2009 - Present
kwiboo Ltd ~ Stowmarket Nr Ipswich, Suffolk, UK
- Consultant Technical Architect / Lead Senior Developer on 3-Tier C#, WCF, Forms based authenticated application for British Gas / PayPoint smart meter payment system responsible for system design in UML using Enterprise Architect, development, unit testing in NUnit, management of development team and change request estimation.
- Consultant Senior Developer at Aviva Plc. developing a secure card payment portal meeting PCI / DSS requirements using ASP.NET MVC3, StructureMap and NUnit. Continuous Build system usings Jenkins, NuGet and MSBuild.
- Heavily involved in design and development of an Asset Management System for SEGA Europe managing multiple types of asset, control of robotic media burners and printers and integration with RFID doorway systems to log location of assets. The system uses .NET 3.5 (C#), MSMQ, Windows Services using .NET remoting, and .NET Compact Framework on Motorola handheld scanners.
- Design and development of iPad app calculation engine for Mitsubishi Electric to allow engineers access to unit schematics and calculation of unit installation calculations.
- Development of administration and order fulfilment system for leading online pharmaceutical company (Pharmacy2U) using C#, SQL Server and MSMQ.
- Installation and configuration of “Soft Firewall” (pfSense), configuration of IPSec and OpenVPN tunnels and NAT configuration for various installations.
- Development of Client Ticketing system with both web and native (objective C) iPhone applications.
- Various client websites and integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Installation and configuration of Exchange 2010 Hosted environment to allow hosting of various organisation‚Äôs exchange tenancies within a single exchange instance.
Developer¬†¬†¬ Apr 2008 - Nov 2009
Killik & Co ~ Ipswich, Suffolk, UK
- Creation of Mobile Portfolio iPhone application to enable clients to view their portfolio on the move in near real-time.
- Design and development of internal business support applications in a strict compliance financial environment.
- Creation of both ad-hoc and permanent management intelligence reports, and produced OLAP cubes of core data received from securities firms using MS Business Intelligence Studio.
- Management of data transfer between Killik & Co and securities firms.
- Expansion of task automation tools using C# and XML.
- Development of a bulk mailing system to enable business support staff to email clients in bulk based on various criteria such as holdings, risk or broker.
- Creation of an XML Queuing System to facilitate changes to client data to be queue up ready to be sent in batch to the securities firms.
Systems Developer¬†¬†¬ Jun 2005 - Apr 2008
BT Exact ~ BT Research Laboratories, Martlesham Nr Ipswich, Suffolk, UK
- Development of MTNI (MPLS Tactical Network Inventory) – a web based (ASP, C#, SQL Server) network inventory system that manages equipment on the MPLS rest of world network and assigns ports based on planning algorithms. The system interfaces with many other BT MPLS systems and generates reports.
- Development of an XML Web Service (C#) as an extension to MTNI in order to handle allocations from order handling systems without the need for operators re-keying information.
- Supporting component, regression and end-to-end testing, managing defects and patches.
- Ongoing data cleansing and rule refinement.
Technical Developer¬†¬†¬ Nov 2003 - Jun 2005
CallScripter ~ Ipswich, Suffolk, UK
- Working closely with the accounts department to create a billing system in .NET for the call centre software, gathering data from a variety of sources through SQL Server to produce .PDF invoices and exporting data to Sage for reconciliation.
- Development of a diary system in .NET to allow call centre agents to book appointments for clients using a variety of allocated slot times.
- Designed and authored the company‚Äôs corporate websites, and created a range of leaflets, CDs and glossy folders to promote the product.
- Advised and assisted new and existing clients on all aspects of the CallScripter product, provided technical support and visited on-site to perform installations and upgrades.